Investing in Loose Diamonds – How Much Should You Offer?
Diamonds are usually connected to jewelry; diamond studs, diamond engagement rings, diamond pendants, and what not. But what a lot of people don’t know is that wholesale buy loose diamond investment is a whole thing.
A lot of people only think of diamonds in terms of jewelry, but in reality, they have long been considered a viable investment method.
Wealthy investors seek to buy loose diamonds for investment purposes, and for good reason. They are an alternative investment option to other precious metals, such as gold and silver. Learn more about why loose diamonds are an investment worth considering and what its market pricing structure is.
Why Should You Buy Loose Diamonds?
- A top-quality diamond weighing even a mere 2-3 grams can out-value 100 kilos of gold. This makes them a portable and condensed wealth option that is great for emergency funding.
- Loose diamonds have long been considered a status symbol and can be shown to any potential buyers to prove your wealth.
- Diamonds are not just used in jewelry; a little-known fact is that around 80% of the diamonds produced are employed for industrial purposes, such as for surgical equipment, diamond drill bits, laser, specialized windows, and more.
- It is estimated that diamond mine supplies will see a decline in the future, so it is always good to be proactive and invest in diamonds while you still can.
Things to Consider When Buying a Loose Diamond
- Always make sure that you take extra security measures during a diamond purchase. Make preparation to have your loose diamonds stored in a safety deposit at the bank or in a secure home safe.
- Before buying any investment diamonds, ensure that they’re graded and certified by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
- Know that the buy-back value, that is the repurchase price of loose diamonds will vary from retailer to retailer. In case you decide to resell your loose diamonds, you may be able to get 95% of the current market value.
The Pricing Structure of Loose Diamonds
Having sufficient know-how about the diamond industry will greatly aid you in your loose diamond investment expedition. Any negotiation you make will be determined on the basis of the 4 Cs of the diamonds you’re buying. Take the help of a field specialist who can help you determine a diamond’s worth. Just like with other precious metals, such as gold and silver, you can end up overpaying.
It is recommended that you buy your loose diamonds for investment from a certified dealer. Here at Popular Diamonds, we stock GIA graded wholesale loose diamonds of top quality. Buy diamond jewelry online in New York City from us!